Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day 27 Cruise - My body and I


Today's Weigh-in: 74.5 kgs
Lost since January 8th 2012: 6.5 kgs


We all know how it goes: you lose a bit, you stop, you linger, you bounce, you push, you lose again. 
It is starting to feel normal. Almost a month into this second diet stint and I am getting used to it. I wake up every morning, look at the scale, and I already know before getting on it where the scale is going to go. I know if I am due a loss, or just a linger, or maybe even a slight gain. 
The good and happy feeling I get is that I am finally able to connect to my body. Ever since I started having issues with my thyroid I stopped knowing what my body would do. I don't think there is anything worse than feeling removed from yourself. Not knowing how your actions are going to result on your body is frightening. Having no control is frightening. Ever since I was prescribed T3 though I have been more in control. I am able to diet and lose weight. I no longer starve myself only to see myself gaining weight. 
It has been a hit and miss for sure. I had to re-learn to communicate with my body and finally I think we are having a nice relationship. I promised to treat my body well, and it has responded by looking better in the mirror. We are happy. 

3 comments:

  1. Hope things are going well with you Fabiana. Glad you feel like you're getting into the routine of it all now. It always hardest at the start, I think especially if you have done the diet before your body knows whats coming and puts up a bit more of a fight! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sonia, thanks! Well, it isn't only that I have done THIS diet before, I have been dieting forever. I have a PhD in dieting, and it all comes down to will power and staying power. You can't give up before you achieve your end goal. If you do you WILL regain the weight. The thing is I never had to lose more than 5 kgs here and there. This is the hardest weight loss journey of my life! But I am determined to make it my last.

      Delete
    2. We all get discouraged at times but if the underlying motivation is there - you will always be onto a winner! You can do it!
      Looking forward to the end goal is essential, the mini goals are just the little steps that take you along your journey, keeping you focused.
      I hear you about the PhD in dieting, I tried all kinds but didnt stick to anything for too long, it always seemed to take too long and be too much hard work so I ended up putting it all back on and more. Not this time! NO WAY xoxo

      Delete