Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 23 Cruise - 2nd Mini Goal Achieved!


Yesterday's Weigh-in: 75.6 kgs
Today's Weigh-in: 74.7 kgs
Daily Loss: 0.9kgs

FINALLY!!!! It took forever,but I got to the 74s. Hopefully the scale will not go towards 75 again! Having a Mini-Goal, besides the Big Final Goal, is a good idea, because you fight for them, with all your might. When you reach them you don't just stop though, because it was only a small step towards the final goal. You celebrate, you bask in the light of accomplishment and then you push up your sleeves and get back to work.

Losing weight is A LOT of hard work. At least for me. It is not just a mindless thing I do in the back of my mind. It is not JUST eating right, eating less, or in the case of Dukan, eating  only the allowed list of foods. For me losing weight is thinking about it ALL the time. I wish it wasn't the case, I wish it was an after thought. But the truth is, if food was just an after thought, I wouldn't need to diet. 

I am definitely hoping that once I reached the weight I want, eating the way I do, but especially exercising, will just be a part of who I am, and not an all consuming obsession. For now, I am doing everything in my power to concentrate on the Prize. For now, I am really happy about this accomplishment. I am down 3kgs since I started Dukan Cycle number 2 and looking forward to shedding the next 14 and beyond.

1 comment:

  1. HOORAY!!!!!! Thats amazing Fabiana!!!!! Congratulations........ so happy for you.
    Dieting is an all consuming thing for me too, I sometimes struggle to go a minute without thinking of some aspect of losing weight! It can get too much at times and I have to give myself a good talking to :) But I have found it does get easier, once you gain confidence that the weight will come off, your mind tends to calm down a little, I say a little, because I still have days where I wish my body/scale relationship was more obliging!
    Onwards and DOWNwards as we say xoxo

    ReplyDelete