Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 21 Cruise - 2.6 kgs in 3 weeks

Morning Weigh-in: 75.1 kgs
Weekly Loss: 0.0 kgs

I haven't posted my weight in a while, I didn't want the influence of my "cycle" on my weight to be a deterrent to my journey. I know how hard it is for me to lose weight, I was just expecting a bigger loss than 2.5 kgs in 3 weeks. However it might be a result of all the exercise I have been doing. Fat percentage this morning was 35.8%, which is one percentage point less than last week. So since I am at the same weight I was last monday, it would mean I lost 750 grams of fat. I will take that, even if I don't trust the fat readings in my scale. I think it will be very good in the long run, when differences will be bigger and not affected by changes in water retention and other things that might affect the readings.

The other day I read that slow metabolizers (me) should avoid dairy all together, while carbs are not so bad for us. I do think dairy is bad for me, and I am trying to have it only in the morning. Maybe I should try to avoid it altogether, although it is very, very hard for me. Nothing means morning more than my non fat latte. But who knows, if it is that detrimental for me, I might be able to live without it! 

I am not on the other side of my TOM yet, so I still have hope I will see a Whoosh this week and that it will be the extra jolt I need to keep going and keep pushing. I am so determined, that even the scale isn't able to make me frown. I hadn't felt like this in a long time. I do see a difference in the mirror, I see a difference in my clothes. I feel better too and I am very much energized by the exercise. This is who I want to be. I want to continue exercising after the weight is gone, I want to continue to eat right after the weight is gone. So whatever the scale says I will keep on going, but I would be lying if I said I don't hope for a big whoosh every morning. I also wish I were a more patient woman, but maybe that is another lesson I need to learn on this journey.

2 comments:

  1. 2.5kgs is no small thing! The same as a housebrick, more than some babies weigh when they're born, same as some dogs! Its really good Fabiana! You are doing great....... So many things can have an affect on weight / weight loss / water retention. Maybe try no dairy for a day or so and see if it has any affect? I'd wait until you're well clear of your TOTM to do this though. There are so many things to learn on this journey, patience is definitely one. Slow and steady wins the race. Keep your chin up xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia. I appreciate your encouragement. I am trying really hard to be patient!!! I know 2.5kgs less is at least a step in the right direction! Hopefully I will be able to reach my second mini-goal soon!!!
      xoxox

      Delete