Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 1 Attack - Starting with Spring

Morning Weigh-in: 77.4 kgs
Daily Loss: 0.4 kgs

Good news on my first weigh-in. I lost 400 grams before even starting the diet. My weight fluctuates a lot, so I am not really surprised, it is just more likely I was bloated when I stepped on the scale on saturday. 

The first day has been ok, until now. I am getting the 6pm angst. This is the time I normally reach for the carbs. I know I just need to be strong, cook something, eat something healthy, pure protein healthy. Not so easy because I have been reaching for gorgeous blood oranges these days when the hunger attacks, and now they are sadly off limits. I am sticking to my two yogurts a day, and also no more late night decaf non-fat lattes for me. 

Today is the first calendar day of spring, and I have been a bit stuck inside spending time with my dad who is visiting and not feeling too well. I would like to think I would have taken advantage of the beautiful day and taken a long fast walk, maybe even going as far as jogging, if he wasn't here. I am not sure that is 100% true though. 

I did manage to get him out of the house for a short stroll and to buy small easter eggs so he can take them to my niece who he is visiting next. Stopping at the piazza afterwards I did get to experience a bit of spring. It made me happy and gave me the hope for a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment