Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 9 Cruise - Measuring

Morning Weigh-in: 75.5 kgs
Daily Loss: 0.6 kgs


When I saw my weight yesterday I really didn't think I had much to say. I didn't want to keep on complaining about the roller coaster that is my weight. I KNOW that after a loss, especially a big one, my weight is going to go up. It is almost like if my body is trying to test me, trying to see how bad I want it. In truth, it probably just wants to know I am not starving myself. Which sometimes I worry I might. Not on purpose of course. 


By 6pm this afternoon I had only consumed around 600 calories. I had also done Jillian Michaels 30 day shred Level 1, which burns around 200 calories. When I came home tonight I had beef with mushrooms and aubergine and some lettuce, along with a little non-fat cheese wrapped in low fat ham. I don't know if that will account for 600 - 800 more calories. I hope so. For a healthy weight loss I should consume 1200 calories net. That will allow me to lose 2 pounds a week. That would be ok for me. I don't want to lose more than 1kg a week. I doubt it is too healthy, and also I doubt it would give my skin enough time to keep up. I don't wanna be fat, but I want to be tight.


The one thing I decided to do to feel more in control of my weight's ups and downs is buy an extravagant scale. It is a Whitings Wi-Fi scale which tells you your weight but also your BMI, and your fat %. Now that I am exercising, I will be able to know if my daily gain or loss is muscle or fat. This makes me incredibly happy and I can't wait to weigh myself with it probably Friday morning.


I know I am not alone in these small "stagnation crises", which definitely helps me not freak out. All I want to know is that the hard work will pay off, so reading other people's experiences is helping me more than I can ever say. 
I hope I can help someone who is feeling frustrated at some point in their journey by successfully reaching my goal. 

3 comments:

  1. keep up the good work! You're only on day 9 so u r doing really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The start of any diet, no, LIFE STYLE CHANGE, is always the hardest, it is like an emotional rollercoaster, you give everything and put so much emotionally and physically into changing your life, the slightest negative can have a big impact! But trust me, it does pass, when I read back over the first few months of my blog, I seem like such a complainer, every negative was emphasised, its just part of the process, dont fight it, embrace it and be determinded to carry on and you will get through it. It doesnt end, little obstacles are always put in your way, you make adjustments, it does get easier......Look for the positives, any little victory and dwell on it. The new scale sounds awesome and a great way to look for other little signs of change. Keep going xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will come! I'm also in a rut, but we'll just have to keep going!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete