Sunday, March 18, 2012

Getting Ready to Dukan

Having done the Dukan diet already I am taking a few days to get ready. That does NOT mean I am going crazy eating everything left and right. In fact, during my break I have not gone particularly overboard, except for those two days in Calabria... my family there tends to overfeed you, plus it is the best food you will ever have. In fact I pretty much think my 1.7 kgs surplus comes from just those two days.

The first step to get ready involves recalculating my program on the Dukan website. If I started today, this would be it, I just need to slide it down two days.
Looking at this, it kind of scares me I won't be done until next year!! But having already lost a few weeks of precious time, I think it is nothing compared to being and feeling like this any longer.
Hopefully the "Attack Phase" will really mean a loss of 2.2 kgs, I heard it isn't as effective the second time around.

My second step will be to buy all the necessary foods for my first week:
Eggs, non fat yogurt, low fat cottage cheese, bresaola. This time around I plan to buy my proteins on a daily basis at the butcher or fishmonger.  Also, this time around I will try to keep the dairy to the minimum as I KNOW I overdid it last time around, causing my plateau.

I am excited about getting back to this. During my "break" I tried other types of diets, but I find myself really needing the type of restrictions the Dukan Diet requires. I feel stronger on it. I just hope I won't be too exhausted during my Bootcamp class.

No comments:

Post a Comment