Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 3 Attack - Exercise and food choices


Morning Weigh-in: 76.8 kgs
Daily Gain: 0.4 kgs


I woke up to a gain. That never makes me happy of course, especially since this is the Attack phase, but I can't say I didn't see it coming. It's the dairy. But the thing is, how can I not have dairy, if all I can have is protein and dairy? I can't eat eggs, meat, fish or chicken all day long. I just can't.


Today was not much different from yesterday. I might have slightly over done it with the dairy today too. I am not sure though. I am pretty much within what the Dukan book prescribes, but I think my body doesn't take it well. I should be permanently in a no carb, no diary diet. I am pretty sure I can live without carbs, but dairy is another story. My morning latte makes me way too happy.


on my walk home from Boot Camp
The good thing is I went to Boot Camp today. Painful, glorious Boot Camp. I must say I never thought I would like it this much. I am not an exercise kind of person. But knowing that each week I get stronger and stronger makes me happy, and makes me work as hard as I can. Now I have to work at exercising the other 5 days of the week. 


All in all I think I the scale should show a lower number tomorrow. We will see. I am trying to not to feel I am depriving myself. I am glad to be doing something good for my body, and I want to feel like this is normal, not count the days until it is over (which I inevitably do of course).

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw that you stopped in on my blog and followed the link back to yours!
    Congratulations on starting the Dukan Diet! You don't mention what types of dairy you are eating.
    I do have dairy in my diet, but in controlled quantities... I am a coffee drinker and like my coffee light!! I had to get used to it a little less light and use skim milk in it.
    I also have a pot of greek yogurt every day with my bran.
    I know you say, "I can't eat eggs, meat, fish or chicken all day long. I just can't."... but if you do start eating that way, you won't be hungry... and remember you can have ONIONS AND GARLIC even on PP days! A lot of people miss that in the book! That is what I eat every day and it works, it really does. I found that rotating through the meats and using a variety of different spices each night has made it doable!
    Good luck! I look forward to following your progress :)
    ~ Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting Sandi. I am not eating any dairy out of the ordinary. I was having much more my first time, around the time I stagnated, so that is why this is a bit puzzling to me. In any case, today I stuck to your advice and decided to REALLY limit the dairy. So except for fat free milk for my coffee and a small tub of yogurt for breakfast, I had just a dollop of fat free milk for my tea. Hopefully that will be enough for a loss tomorrow. Fingers Crossed.

    ReplyDelete