Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 6 Attack - No change and some walking

Morning Weigh-in: 75.5 kgs
Daily Loss: 0 kgs


No change today. But I don't care. I am still very hopeful and really excited of where I am right now. I am happy that I came back to Dukan, after I had basically decided to quit it for good. Even today I heard from someone that the diet was very unhealthy, and that always gives me pause. But how unhealthy can it be? I mean, yes, protein (especially beef) is not good for you in such large quantities, but that is why we have to drink all the water, to help our kidneys. And it is not forever. I am sure I am not going to harm myself with this diet. Tomorrow starts the Cruise phase, and with it all those delicious vegetables. 
Michelangelo's Moses part of Papa Giulio II Mausoleum

I have already lost 5.5 kgs since January, which is the most I have ever lost on a diet, back when that was all I actually needed to lose. Now it is only the beginning of my journey, but given all my previous problems, I am just happy to be on my way.

Today I went on a tour of Michelangelo's Rome, excluding the Vatican. We visited San Pietro in Vincoli, the church that holds the famous Moses by Michelangelo. After that we headed to Piazza del Campidoglio, which he designed, and la Basilica sopra Minerva, which holds Michelangelo's Christ the Redeemer. Finally we headed to Palazzo Farnese, of which he was one of the architects. All in all a very pleasurable afternoon which involved a 3.7 km walk, and a whole lot of standing. Not really exercise.. but close enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment