Monday, May 21, 2012

Day ?


Today's Weigh-in: ?
Lost since January 8th 2012: around 9 kilos

I haven't been able to get the hang of things. I am not OUT of the diet, but I am not IN a diet either. I don't really  know how to get back to being strict. I am eating healthy, definitely low-carb, but I am not following a strict Dos and Don'ts list, which has me feeling out of it. The good news is that even feeling like this I am holding on to the loss and maybe even advancing a bit, especially with the exercise. But I have the feeling it isn't successful if it isn't following some sort of strict diet. 

How do I get back on track? I guess it will come to me. I know what the diet state of mind is, and I am definitely not in it. I know it will come around; I will snap out of whatever mood I am now eventually, especially when I get through with this nasty head cold. 


So, please bare with me while I navigate these uncertain waters. How are your diets going?


btw: I have been on a Dukan 2.0 for 2 months now, although I think I will put the counter back to zero when I get back in the mood. Official start date will always be Jan 8.

8 comments:

  1. I know where you are at! I have been there a few times. But Dukan is just too hard a diet to do, if you don't really follow it ... because then you don't see the amazing success! The way to restart is doing 2-3 days of attack, that gets you back. And with each day you "stick to it for real" (and see the definite results on the scale), you will become re-inspired.
    I am only back for really after "sort of Dukaning" with wine and cheese thrown in since yesterday myself ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without that strict Dos and Don't list, guidelines to follow, it's kindof like you are floundering through the diet. Which on a diet like the Dukan Diet doesn't work, it's an all in or all out sort of thing in my experience.

    Get back to it! No more excuses! As Moonday suggested I would say 2-3 days of attack, be strict. With results will come your motivation.

    You don't have to be in a certain place mentally to start a diet and be successful. I was always a strong advocate for the 'right frame of mind' but then I realised (recently, after 11 months of following Dukan) that when I started I was NOT in the right frame of mind at all. In fact, I only started to prove a point to my grand-maman, that Dukan did NOT work and that I would NOT lose any weight. Well over 11 months later and a combined 222lbs lost between me and the Prawn... we sure proved her right, didn't we? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both so very right! I do need to get back on track if I want to achieve results. Tomorrow starts Dukan 3.0. I will do a weekend attack and continue with cruise starting Monday. Thanks for being tough on me. I needed that!!! I still haven't even reached my midway goal, this is no moment to be weak!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab,

    This is S.O.S., I know we haven't e-chatted before but I have read your posts. I wanted to check in on you and see if you were "back in the saddle". I am over here cheering for you!!!! You can do it! Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for cheering for me! I am not back on the saddle yet, but I haven't completely fallen off. I have had a few false starts. I had some friends in town and that meant lovely dinners at restaurants I really didn't want to miss out on, so I would diet all day and then have dinner normally, no crazy over feeding.
      I do have a start date for my Dukan 3.0 and it will be Monday. I will post this weekend to get myself prepared!!!
      Thanks again for reading and cheering for me!!!
      xoxox!!!

      Delete
  5. Hi Fabiana, I’ve nominated your blog for the Liebster Award. Please stop by http://soniasdukandiet.wordpress.com/ to collect your award. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope all is going well with your restart. I have definitely had a few of those in my journey. Find the right head space and jump back in! You can do it!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So.... how did the weekend go? We are patiently awaiting to hear from you! Excited for u!

    ReplyDelete